30 8x12 Portraits in an 11x14 Mat: $4200 ($140 per image) Includes All Reveal prints, all digital files of reveal prints, Leather cover Folio Box, 2-16x24 enlargements, Complimentary session fee next portrait session
20 8x12 Portraits in an 11x14 Mat: $2840 ($142 per image) Includes All Reveal prints, 20 digital files of reveal prints, Leather cover Folio Box, 1-16x24 enlargements, Complimentary session fee next portrait session
10 8x12 Portraits in an 11x14 Mat: $1450 ($145 per image) Includes All Reveal prints, 10 digital files of reveal prints, Linen cover Folio Box
6 8x12 Portraits in an 11x14 Mat: $900 ($150 per image) Includes 6 digital files of reveal prints, Linen cover Folio Box
We offer custom framing made from responsibly harvested solid wood frames that are assembled by hand. You can select between White or Black Maple frames. We also include the choice between Standard Acrylic and Museum Acrylic to give you the best option on the market.
Just like our prints we use the absolute best materials within our frames to give you the comfort on knowing your photographs will be around for multiple generations. We use abrasion resistant and 99% UV blocking acrylic, Museum Rag mat boards, Artcare Archival Foam Board and each frame is carefully finished with acid free and puncture resistant backing paper. Our goal is to give you the most archival framing possible.
All of our frames include a wire hanger on the back and come ready to hang out of the box.
Framed prints shipping within US have a 3-4 week turnaround. Framing starts at $165 for 8x12 print.
We only use white 4 ply, Museum Rag mat board, which is the best in the industry. It's a cotton rag board that is acid and lignin free, which is why museums use this same board to preserve art and artifacts for decades. For backing board we use another Museum Rag mat board. Then we carefully secure each print with neutral pH linen tape and use an acid free, double sided mounting tape to secure the backing board to the mat board.
Every mat is custom cut to perfectly fit every single image.
- 99% UV-shielding and Abrasion Resistant Acrylic or Museum Acrylic
- Frame profiles are 3/4" wide and 1.5" wide
- Mats are are custom cut, acid free, lignin free, 4-ply with a bevel edge.
- Archival Foam Board featuring MicroChamber® technology which absorbs and neutralizes harmful gases.
- Acid-free, buffered backing paper that won't harm artwork and won't puncture like everyday craft paper.
- Wall bumpers
- Hanging hardware + nails
- Hanging and care instructions
BENEFITS OF MATTING VS MOUNTING
1) It gives clients something to hold other than the print itself, which can scuff the surface of the print and leave oils on it.
2) It's more archival because our mat boards surround the print in acid free and lignin free cotton.
3) The print can be removed if necessary (mats may get damaged though).
4) You can easily frame it and the print won't touch the glass/acrylic.
A mounted print will touch the glass/acrylic if put in a frame without being matted, which is an additional pain because of the thick mounting substrate. If humidity gets in the frame the print can get damaged and stuck to the glass/acrylic.
To properly frame a mounted print without a mat, spacers need to be added between the surface of the print and the glass/acrylic to prevent the print touching the glass/acrylic. Most perople won't know this if they are getting it framed themselves.
5) It just looks and feel better in our opinion. Holding cotton mats with cotton prints give a luxury experience. It's a classic and timeless look.
6) A mounted print typically has the ink right on the edge and if the edge gets dinged the ink can come off. A matted print just dings the mat, not the print.
A La Carte
All Legacy Fine Art Prints are printed on Hahnemuhle Ultra Smooth 100% Cotton Paper
24x36 Legacy Fine Art Print $700 (w/frame add $445)
16x24 Legacy Fine Art Print $475 (w/frame add $320)
11x14 Legacy Fine Art Print $300 (w/frame add $195)
8x12 Legacy Fine Art Print $150 (w/frame add $165)